ExperienceGaming & Horseracing
- Represented horse racing interests as interveners in the federal court proceedings in Cabazon Band of Mission Indians v. Wilson, 124 F.3d 1050 (9th Cir. 1997), concerning taxation of satellite wagering revenues.
- Ongoing representation of horseracing industry clients, including racing associations, horse owners and vendors, before the California Horse Racing Board on matters related to licensure and allocation of horse racing revenues and related legislation.
- Represented international clients concerning legal issues arising from the conduct of advance deposit wagering on horse racing events.
- Currently representing a tribal client in the legislative effort to authorize and establish a regulatory framework for limited forms of internet gaming, such as internet poker.
- Representing licensees in licensing and accusation proceedings before the California Gambling Control Commission and the Bureau of Gambling Control.
- In Western Telcon, Inc. v. California State Lottery, 13 Cal. 4th 475 (1996), the firm represented a coalition of county district attorneys as amici curiae in support of plaintiffs who successfully challenged the State Lottery’s authority to conduct a Keno game.